Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Boys Empowering Women



Let’s face it; it is much easier to have men empower women when they are taught the value of a woman as a child.  I am the proud mother of three young men; I have done nothing to deserve them.  If anything, I've made many bad decisions that should have resulted into them being different from the kind, loving, compassionate and justice driven boys that they are.  The one thing I've done right, however, is to be myself around my boys; fully woman.  Around my boys I am strong, weak, loud, decisive, indecisive, leader, loving, angry, sad, wrong, apologetic, pastor, preacher, entrepreneur, teacher, house manager and just their mom.  I never had to hold myself back or pretend to be someone I was not in fear that being too feminine would not teach them how to be strong boys/men. 

For woman’s month, my boys had an assignment in school: to write a letter about their mom.  Below are their letters, I was so proud that my boys can recognize and appreciate my value.  I believe they are on their way to standing up for women and empowering them. 

Grab your tissues…

Dear Mom,

You are the best woman in the world to me and I love you.  I love how you take care of me every day even when it gets kind of crazy at the house.  I love how you stick up for us.  I love how you put up with our dog in the family.  I love how you take care of me and my brothers when we are sick.  I love the ways you help me with my homework even when I can be a pain.  I’m sorry that you had to go through all that pain with me and Devin in your stomach.  I love the way you make those fresh pancakes and French toast for me every morning.  I love how you are so beautiful every day from morning to night.  When you wake up you are a great person inside and out.  I love how when sometimes I leave my stuff at home and you are at work, you still bring it for me.  Mom I love you in every way inside and out.

Letter #2

Dear Mom,

You are so kind to me and I love how you’re so strong when it comes to doing your job.  I know how strong you are when it comes to your dad when he died.  I am glad you are my mom because if you were never my mom I would not be going to school or I would not be able to meet my friends or play soccer with my friends.  If we never had you we would have never been so kind.  You are the one that makes me smile.  You are the one and only mom.  I love you.  You do so many chores around the house.  You have to deal with the dog and us boys.  You also teach us how to be nice. You know that joke you always make when you say “I brought you into this world I can take you out”, I love when you say that because it’s funny and you always say it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment