Monday, December 24, 2012

My Grown-up Christmas List


One of my all-time favorite Christmas songs is "My grown up Christmas List" especially sung by Amy Grant; Kelly Clarkson also does a great rendition.

While many of us are wishing for that special gift, the singer's Christmas List is for:

No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts
And everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end
This is my grown up Christmas list

To which I say: Yes!!! That's the message of Christmas! That's why Christ came! That's the hope of Christmas! This should be our daily hope and prayer.

Right now as I write this blog there's an ongoing war in the DR Congo where women are used as weapons of war and are being brutally abused.

Right now there are women in prison who have suffered years of abuse by someone close and they have now resulted into their selling bodies because they find no dignity in who they are as children of God.

Right now there's a woman looking the other way as her husband violates their wedding bed over and over again and as she looks the other way, he brings a viral disease that will eventually take both of their lives.

Right now there's a woman in deep emotional pain, unable to move on, unable to let go, unable to forgive and live a productive life.

Won't you join me in singing my Christmas wish list:

No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts
And everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end
This is my grown up Christmas list

This is why Christ came! This is what Christ came to do during his first appearance on earth and until his second return we have work to do. 

Please join me as I aim to empower women to heal from wounds of trauma and advocate for more training and education for women through ElevateHer International Ministries.

As you celebrate Christmas, say a prayer for the healing and peace of women all over the world.

Provided by: ElevateHer International Ministries

Stay Tuned…

2 comments:

  1. BonDye beni ou y fanmi ou anpil anpil. I agree with your Christmas list. We find the answers in Jesus. Thank God for His Gift of Love.

    ReplyDelete