Saturday, July 16, 2011

Haiti Day 1: Lost Bags-No problem

For everyone keeping up with our trip, you should know by now we were not able to find our children's bag carrying the twins entire wardrobe for the week. At first the thought to panic came to mind; I'm a mom! Naturally I'm thinking "what will they wear for the week?" You do realize that there's no Walmart anywhere in Haiti. I can't just run to the store and replace their clothes as I would if I were back home.

The first plan failed: My optimistic plan of going to a clothing store once we get off the plane. I wasn't anticipating traffic and not being able to sit down for dinner until 8pm.

Our second plan: go through the bag of clothes you brought for your family, let's see how many of our children's "worn out" clothes we can score. Yes we "stole" from our own family. I know you don't see it as stealing but that's exactly what we did.

Here's God's plan: Open your eyes! I want you and your children to see and experience what my children in Haiti go through everyday. Ouch!! Heart Break!! Repent!! If you were one of these families and your children simply had the clothes on their backs, what would you do?

I knew what I was getting into when I decided to take our children to Haiti but I didn't think the lessons would begin so soon.

I don't know if I'll be able to blog again for the rest of the week but It's going to be an Amazing, God moving week!

See you all back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment