Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Global Family Let's Pray for Haiti




As I sit at my desk reminiscing on Haiti’s 200 year history since independence and specifically those 200,000 that lost their lives in last year’s devastating earthquake, the prophet Habakkuk’s words resonated at the core of my soul for my beloved country Haiti “Lord, how long must I ask for help and you ignore me? I cry out to you about violence, but you do not save us!” If I were not a believer in the maker of heaven and earth, a merciful God with the ability to show mercy, a faithful God who promises to never leave us or forsake us, a loving God who is able to see the depth of our hearts and still love us deeply, my thoughts on Haiti would conclude in God turning His back on Haiti. However I have tasted and seen that the Lord is good; all good, the highest good. I believe there is still hope for Haiti. I believe God when He says that “that time is coming soon; the message will come true it may seem like a long time, but be patient and wait for it, because it will surely come; it will not be delayed.” I believe that God has a plan to restore the country of Haiti.

So as we sit and wait, we don’t simply sit and watch the country turn upside down with one struggle after another, we pray and we plead that the Lord may act quickly on behalf of the precious people of Haiti. It is time for the global community to come together in agreement and cry out to God as He is Haiti’s only answer. As we all wait on God and join in unity in prayer on behalf of Haiti, we feed those that need to be fed, we clothe those that need to be clothed, we provide shelter for those that need shelter and we fight for those that can’t fight for themselves. It is a transformative dream; as we are seeking God to transform the country of Haiti, He transforms us in the process.

Let us remember those that lost their lives on January 12, 2010. Let us continue to stand for Haiti and with Haiti in prayer.

1 comment:

  1. 200,000 souls. It is hard to grasp the magnitude. Haitian relief was one of the charities that I asked my family to support in lieu of a Christmas present, and I am so happy that my in laws made a contribution to Hosean Ministries. God is good. Thank you for keeping this in the front of our minds because God has not forgotten these people.

    ReplyDelete