Tuesday, June 22, 2010

On the Road Again to Haiti...

If you had told me two years ago that God would take me on such a journey back to Haiti I would have said "no way" because I had serious trusting issues with God. And God, knowing all things, knew if we were going to have any relationship at all, I needed to trust Him. I don't think my journey has as much to do with me ministering to Haitians in Haiti as it does with me learning to trust God. I haven't gotten it all figured out yet, I don't know if I ever will but I'm on the journey.

So I am on the road again to Haiti, this time my mission is two-fold. The first part of my trip will be focused on bringing healing to women leaders who were affected by the earthquake. I and a group of other Haitian professionals with backgrounds in counseling will teach these leaders about trauma and how to overcome the wounds of trauma.

The second part of my trip is to help lead a medical team mostly from UT southwestern. This team is made up of medical students, doctors, nurses and a woman trained in PT.

Please pray for traveling mercies, endurance and patience. Pray that as we serve, we may learn to trust Jesus just a little bit more. Because as we see the multi-levels of need in Haiti, we may see that apart from Jesus we can do nothing to help the Haitian people. And that is exactly the perspective Jesus wants from us.

Our help comes from the Lord...Psalms 121

3 comments:

  1. May you be the hands and feet and heart of Jesus to those in need. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for safe travels and a blessed trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan@buistandjan.comJune 23, 2010 at 11:12 AM

    Praying for you and your ministry--that you will be blessed and that you will be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete